Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Why Social Media for Public Safety Telecommunications Professionals?

If you are reading this, it's likely that you found it one of three ways:

  • You attended my session, "Social Media & You (& Your Agency)" at the Washington APCO/NENA 2013 Public Safety Communications Training Conference in Kennewick, 
  • You follow me on Twitter, or searched for a hashtag that I used when I posted this link,
  • Or the search engine indexing found me faster than I expected.

Any of these is a perfectly good method, and I welcome you.

I decided to put my presentation information into blog form because I've been to far too many conferences where the instructor has passed out black & white copies of their PowerPoint slides, which I carefully packed away with the intent of going back and studying the information and following the referenced links later. Inevitably, I find those printouts months or years later when cleaning out the back of the car or behind the couch.

I didn't want that to happen this time. This information is important to our field and to the idea of keeping up with the technology of the age, and I want more people to know it. I'm passionate about this subject and its value. Besides, typing out the links is often laborious--have you seen some of the URLs out there?

Anyway. You'll find my presentation here, along with a collection of links to information that I think is interesting or useful. If I feel inspired, I may continue posting interesting things; one thing I noticed in doing my research for the presentation was that there is a wealth of resources to be found, more than I could ever hope to talk about in a 90 minute class. 

Thanks for reading! Please let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Great info. Thank you very much for posting on here as I had another class at the conference during this time slot.

    ReplyDelete